- Advocacy for the development of a children’s rights culture in South Africa.
- Ensuring the relevance of National Policy and legislation aimed at protecting and enhancing the life of children.
- Capacitating member organisations and communities with training, mentoring and the development and location of human and financial resources. The major portion of CWSA Provincial activity is with community groups.
- Generating funds and providing fundraising opportunities for CWSA to assist others.
- Spearheading National Programs that facilitate community – based services for children through the mobilisation of communities.
- Empowering and benefiting marginalised communities to meet their needs through development programs.
- Research to ensure relevance in the formulation and delivery of service programs for children.
- The implementation of National Programs directed at achieving sound management and financial viability for all Child Welfare structures.
- The development and application of good practice conditions and policies that benefit children. An on-going focus and monitoring role in the equitable distribution of services to disadvantaged communities.
- Informing and educating the public on issues detrimental to children.
- The maintenance of CWSA credibility through our membership of National and International organisations and our membership and contributions to extensive numbers of National and Provincial working committees and groups.
- Promoting the work of CWSA- and its member organisations – and the impact of the services of the organisation on the country.
WHAT DO WE DO
SPEAK: on behalf of children, LOBBY: on matters affecting the well-being and safety of children, ADVOCATE: for the rights of children, CREATE: public awareness on children’s needs and conditions affecting their well-being, CHALLENGE: social conditions detrimental to children, EDUCATE: the public on the nature, extent and value of child welfare services, PARTICIPATE: in the change and formulation of legislation and policies affecting children, REACH: out to disadvantaged communities to initiate services for children, FACILITATE: the development of services to children and families,EMPOWER: communities to address their needs, DISSEMINATE: information on issues affecting children and on services in aid of children, TRAIN: support and guide towards effective service delivery,BUILD: the capacity of child welfare societies to render relevant, appropriate and effective services, CO-ORDINATE: child welfare services, STANDARD: setting for service delivery, DEVELOP: guidelines for service programs, ORGANISATIONAL: development in child welfare societies, RESEARCH: phenomena affecting children and service programs, WORK: towards the equitable distribution of services with the most disadvantaged communities as focus areas.
*Organize and create awareness of National events
*Source and distribute product in support of National events
*Training provided for fund-raising, financial management
CWSA Core Business
The core business of the CWSA National Body is to mentor and support member organisations and emerging community group initiatives for vulnerable children and families. CWSA assist members in balancing the requirements of service delivery with good governance and the constitutional and legal requirements needed for an NPO. In this regard it must be remembered that management and service volunteers, committed to the welfare of children, steer the work of CWSA and place great value on the guidance, information and training that the National Body provides. Altogether in excess of 6000 volunteers assist CWSA programs.
Comments are closed.